August 12, 2008

Concentration at your six-finger tips

When getting into some project or an article to write, I can see the whole world coming into this piece of work. With every step ahead comes tensity and imaginations, I wonder, how they both could love each other this very moment of mine.

Some times I get lucky and focus so very near to my point. But mostly, I suffer from the perfection I am seeking.

On my way to here today, I read this topic about how me, and also you, can get into this great feeling of quietness and business while doing something important; called "concentration".

It will take only six minutes of your time while reading these six ways towards it, have a good time :)

1. Stick to a routine that is efficient and well planned.

2. Use good posture and stay attentive to promote self-motivated interest in what you are doing.

3. Learn to block out external distractions that take away from your concentration on the task at hand. Be selective about what you are focusing on, only giving your attention to important information being said or the task you are completing.

4. Learn to maintain internal focus. This means learning to tune out distracting thoughts such as wayward thoughts, concerns and worry. This internal ‘noise’ can distract your focus and break your concentration. You want to try to push the ‘mute’ button in your mind on these internal distractions.

5. Be sure you get a good night’s sleep. Sleep is the body’s way of recharging itself and if that doesn’t happen, we can’t possibly perform or concentrate to the best of our ability. You need to strive for at least eight hours of uninterrupted sleep a night.

6. Eat balanced meals. This doesn’t mean you have to eat three large meals a day. You can eat four to six small meals a day that are made up of balanced healthy foods. Your body turns food into energy and without that, you can’t maintain concentration, because you will more than likely have the internal distraction of an empty stomach protesting at you.

Don't thank me, but thank my friend

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

Thank you so much for the kind and sweet comments you left on my blog.

These are great tips you've put on your blog. Thanks for sharing them with us!